Grateful Dad Pottery
I’m on the second leg of a return trip home to being me. This statement, posted at eye level on my front door, sums up my current place along an interesting journey with art and clay. The truncated history of then to now:
- Sculpted objects with clay dug from the Willamette riverbank as a child
- Wonderful teachers at Lake Oswego Junior and Senior high schools taught me the fundamentals of stoneware construction techniques and firing
- Factory production potter- many thousands of planters, lamps, and vases later…
- Freelance potter to various artists around Portland
- Became a teacher- bilingual ESL
- 20 years later
I now teach high school ceramics and am creating a home studio under the business name Grateful Dad Pottery. The second leg really means an opportunity to explore stoneware inspired by my garden and the geometry that frames it.
Email | Phone: 503-863-7197
Click on images to enlarge.