|Clayfolk general meeting minutes July 2, 2007
Brought to order by Lynita Zajack @ 1 pm at the home of Vera Rogers near Canyonville OR.
1. The results of the vote on point penalty was announced. The most votes were cast for the "no penalty" option. Members will no longer lose points when their membership lapses. If this decision affects you please submit a letter to the board with the specifics of your point penalty so a correction can be enacted.
2. Announcement: As a reminder to renew your membership, newsletters will be discontinued if you fail to send in your dues. We will no longer extend a one year grace period.
3. Penelope Dews (show chair) announced that there will be no gallery at the show this year. If you signed up for the gallery only, you will be given space in the group booth.
4. There was no library committee this year due to the Jackson and Josephine county library closures. The money normally allotted will go to the arts council.
5. Next board meeting: Oct 8th @ 6 pm - Bonnie's studio in Talent
Next General meeting Oct. 21st @ 2:30 - also at Bonnie's studio
The meeting was follow by a very informative DVD demo on "naked raku" by Hannah Brehmer. Included was everything from throwing , slip application and firing. After the DVD , a hands-on demo of slip removal and an examination of typical results. Her pieces were inspiring to all. Thanks Hannah.