Clayfolk General meeting minutes May 20, 2007
Brought to order by Cheryl Kempner @ 2:40 pm at Kathy Harvey's home in Medford OR
New members in attendance : Sharra Baack and Sue Casaleggio
1. Reminders :
- 12 days until show application deadline, please
- Membership form
- Ballot ( please send in same envelope)
- Newsletter submission deadline July 15th
- Workshop Sat. June 9th, 10-4 at Bonnie's Studio
still has some room
2. Announcements :
- Show changes:
- At the armory location there is better access
to restaurants and grocers so,
- in an effort to keep our costs in line, snacks
and drinks will be provided upstairs in the mornings hours for participants, and drinks on fri. night in lieu of
pizza at our pre show meeting.
- Next general meeting July 22 at 1pm in Canyonville.
Watch for more info in the newsletter.
- Carol Paquin is requesting more pictures for the
website. Contact her for details.
- Cheryl's group at the "Ashland Art Works"
, needs more artist to participate. Contact Cheryl Kempner for more info.
3. Cheryl Kempner graciously says good bye as our president, and welcomes Lynita Zajack as our new commander in
chief. Cheryl has contributed many hours above and beyond the call of duty and will be missed as the friendly and
organized face that leads our meetings. The last two years have been trying for her, dealing with her daughter's
illness, and has busy times yet to come. She will however, continue as an active member of our group as the new
points chair. Thank you again Cheryl, for all your hard work.
4. Marydee Bombick closed the meeting with a superb presentation on "balloon form technique", showing
how slabs are supported by balloons to form many magical creatures as well as functional forms. Thanks Marydee
for a fun and informative demo.