May 13, 2010
The meeting was held at
Lynita and Rudy’s home in Central Point. The meeting was called to order by
Penelope Dews, President.
Present: Penelope Dews, Rudy
and Lynita Zajack, Shirley and Jerry Huft, Bonnie Morgan, Tish Manley and Ray
- A slide show is now available on the web page.
Photos were requested on the show application.
- Change language of bylaws to include a
co-treasurer. After review this will be uploaded to the web site.
- What clay is allowed in show? Two people have
approached Clay folk regarding their type of clay art: mosaic using glass
and clay and Fimo. After discussion, it was decided that the Clayfolk show
might not be the venue for these types of work. Will incorporate the
statement, “Bring your best ceramic clay work.” Work to be predominantly
- No voting ballet in the newsletter. Need
nominations for officers. Request for nominations at the next membership
meeting. An E-mail will be sent out to remind members of the meeting and
need to nominate members for the board positions.
- Show percentage 15%. After discussion, at the
conclusion of the show treasurer will decide if the percentage will be
reduced based on how the show has done.
- Tax preparer found a mistake on taxes and Clayfolk
received a small refund.
- Scholarship will be increased to $1800.
- Friday night band for Clayfolk show. Board
agreed to $150 to hire a band for Friday night.
- Clayfolk is purchasing a photo cube and back drops.
Rent will be $5 with a deposit of $50 refundable when
- Agreed to move the storage unit this year. The
storage unit committee will price and locate a more accessible unit.
membership meeting – May 16 at Kathy Harvey’s home.
Next board meeting – July 8 at Penelope Dews’ home.