Clayfolk General Meeting Agenda
January 28, 2017
- Potluck/Gift Exchange 1:30, General Meeting 2:00
- Welcome and Introductions
- Review last minutes
- Treasurer’s report
Items to Vote On
Proposal for giving Board Members Show Booths
Scholarship fund board representative
Conference call option for board meetings
Calendar for 2017
Dissemination of Information Chairs:
Newsletter: Sally Pursell (ex. 12/17). Next newsletter Feb 2017. Need trainee.
Enews: Patricia Richie (ex. 12/19). New chair.
Webmaster: Vicki Chamberlain (ex. 12/17) Operations Manual updated. Need trainee.
Committee Chairs: Filled open positions
Membership: Gwen Childs (ex. 12/19)Empty Bowls: Jackson – Kami Carlson. (ex. 12/19)
Josephine – Roxianne Hunnicutt & Christine Wood (Ex. 12/19)
Points: Debbie Thompson (ex. 12/17) Need trainee.
Workshops: Clara Lanya and Carole Hayne (ex. 12/17)
Scholarship: Besty Moore. (ex. 12/19)
Program Chair: Need chair(12/19)
Library: Marydee Bombick (ex. 12/19) Need trainee.
Photo Booth: Christine Wood (ex. 12/16). Need chair.
Show: Shirley Huff (ex. 12/17) Trainees: Dan Mindard and Mickael Mann
Proposal: Clayfolk Board members get a space in the annual Clayfolk Show & Sale
- Few members apply/volunteer to serve as Board members
- Filling Board positions is difficult
- Incentivize members to fill Board positions
- Encourage continued membership and skills contributions from newer members (Show participation)
- Full booths to officers, ½ booths to at-large Board members
- Current point system encourages participation in committees,
- Point policy is intended to encourage members to: serve as Board appointed chair, attend general meetings, be a show committee chair, be a Board member, actively participate
- Proposal would make point system unequal and unfair-less disruptive options possible
- The Board needs members that care about Clayfolk, not just getting into the Show
- Clayfolk is about education and other community services, not just the Show
Other points to ponder:
- Filled Board positions are necessary for the Show and Clayfolk to function
- Some show chairs get points and money for their show work,
- Members generally have to be asked to volunteer to be on the board; they don’t volunteer out right
- <proposal>Gives new members a chance to learn about the workings of the organization and be in the show.