Throwing Workshop with Tea Duong: May 19-20
- 2 day hands on throwing workshop
- South Medford High School. Cost TBD
CLAY WORKSHOP WITH ANNIE CHRIETZBERG
Participants will learn how to turn flat slabs of grey clay into dynamic beautiful pieces that will enliven people’s everyday food and beverage routines. Annie will demonstrate how she prepares the clay, imprints patterns, works with texture, and uses templates for consistency in production. She will discuss different ideas about making pieces for daily use, development of form, making templates, and her glazing theory. Most importantly, she shares the tricks of making and the meticulous details of construction that she has honed in her own studio practice.
Sept. 9 – 10, 2017
LOCATION: Rogue Community College, 214 SW Fourth Street Grants Pass, OR MAP
TIME: 10:00 to 5:00
COST: Member of Clayfolk or an RCC student $110 | Non-member $120
- Make out your check to Clayfolk and send with registration form to Carole Hayne, PO Box 337, Merlin, Or 97532
- Refund policy: Fees will be refunded if you drop up to a week before the workshop.
DOWNLOAD THE FOLLOWING FORMS:
Questions? contact Carole Hayne @ 541-474-6532
ABOUT THE ARTIST:
Annie Chrietzberg is a hand-builder, template maker and glaze formulator who has recently relocated to the forests of Central Oregon. Her current body of work is a line of mix-and-match tableware composed in pattern and color. She makes functional pottery from textured slabs, using templates that she creates, playing with the relationship between shape and form.
See more of Annie’s work at: earthtoannie.com
Many thanks to RACHEL KONING for sharing her Social Media Presentation with Clayfolk members. Please use the link below to view the presentation which offers many tips on better social media marketing.
More resources can be found on the Clayfolk Resources web page.
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING | COPYWRITING ASHLAND, OREGON
This workshop will cover the essentials of Facebook Business Page, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Other topics include:
- Best practices for posting, tagging, sharing and re-posting (timing, post length, improving reach, etc.)
- Effective calls to action, visual tips, product descriptions, etc.
- Goal setting – what you want your social media to do for you
- Creating and maintaining a consistent voice
- Using social media management tools (such as Hootsuite) to schedule and streamline posting
- Creating a six-month social media content calendar