General Meeting and Potluck at Cheryl Weese’s Historic Home
First Clayfolk general meeting up north that we can remember!
LOCATION: 350 Winston Section Road, Winston, OR 97496 (Directions below)
TIME: 2:30 PM
Potluck meeting and demo on clay figures by Kim Kimerling.
WHAT TO BRING: Besides your dish, it would be nice if you brought a folding chair to sit on.
- Take exit 119 south of Roseburg.
- Follow hwy toward Winston
- Cross green bridge on South Umpqua River staying in the left lane
- Turn after bridge to left
- Pass Pepsi Cola plant and go right around corner
- Cheryl’s is the big white house with circle driveway on the left.
- Mailbox says 350 on it.
Agenda for Sunday, June 11 general meeting
- Welcome and introductions – Jane Anderson
- Minutes Review
- Board Elections: Need for 2017 ballot: vice-‐president and 3 board members – Jane Anderson BOARD REPORT
- Board minutes available to general membership – Jane Anderson
- Budget – Debbie Thompson
- Membership database sharing – Gwen Childs
A. Social Media Workshop – Jane Anderson
B. Workshop: Annie Chrietzberb workshop – Carole Hayne
- Scholarships: Betsy Moore
- Newsletter: Vicki Chamberlain appointed as Newsletter trainee
- Empty Bowls: Roxanne Hunnicutt
- Next General Meeting Information: Saturday, August 19th at Susan Cassaleggio’s in Jacksonville.
This workshop will cover the essentials of Facebook Business Page, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Other topics include:
- Best practices for posting, tagging, sharing and re-posting (timing, post length, improving reach, etc.)
- Effective calls to action, visual tips, product descriptions, etc.
- Goal setting – what you want your social media to do for you
- Creating and maintaining a consistent voice
- Using social media management tools (such as Hootsuite) to schedule and streamline posting
- Creating a six-month social media content calendar
$35 members/$45 non-members
The workshop will be held at Pat Richey’s home. Participants will be emailed directions as the event gets closer.
To register please download, complete and mail the workshop registration form.
CLAY WORKSHOP WITH ANNIE CHRIETZBERG
Participants will learn how to turn flat slabs of grey clay into dynamic beautiful pieces that will enliven people’s everyday food and beverage routines. Annie will demonstrate how she prepares the clay, imprints patterns, works with texture, and uses templates for consistency in production. She will discuss different ideas about making pieces for daily use, development of form, making templates, and her glazing theory. Most importantly, she shares the tricks of making and the meticulous details of construction that she has honed in her own studio practice.
Sept. 9 – 10, 2017
LOCATION: Rogue Community College, 214 SW Fourth Street Grants Pass, OR MAP
TIME: 10:00 to 5:00
COST: Member of Clayfolk or an RCC student $110 | Non-member $120
- Make out your check to Clayfolk and send with registration form to Carole Hayne, PO Box 337, Merlin, Or 97532
- Refund policy: Fees will be refunded if you drop up to a week before the workshop.
DOWNLOAD THE FOLLOWING FORMS:
Questions? contact Carole Hayne @ 541-474-6532
ABOUT THE ARTIST:
Annie Chrietzberg is a hand-builder, template maker and glaze formulator who has recently relocated to the forests of Central Oregon. Her current body of work is a line of mix-and-match tableware composed in pattern and color. She makes functional pottery from textured slabs, using templates that she creates, playing with the relationship between shape and form.
See more of Annie’s work at: earthtoannie.com
Our wonderful Library committee just posted the new resource materials purchased from funds raised at the 2016 Clayfolk Show & Sale.
A portion of the profits from the annual Clayfolk Show & Sale go to provide a resource for our members and the public through the purchase of books and videos for the Jackson and Josephine county library systems.
This is a wonderful service for our members and the community!
Check out the full list of donated resources here.
35th Ceramic Showcase
Several Clayfolk members will be at this incredible show!
The nation’s largest show and sale of handmade pottery, sculpture, garden art, home accessories and other creative clay work.
($3 donation suggested to support clay education)
April 21, 22, 23, 2017
- Friday 10-7
- Saturday 10-5
- Sunday 10-4
LOCATION: The Oregon Potters Association 35th Annual Ceramic Showcase returns to the Oregon Convention Center